0425 291 469
About this job
- Exciting leadership opportunity
- Australia's largest national provider of autism-specific educational services
- 5 year maximum term contract to October 2024
- Excellent tax effective PBI salary packaging benefits
- Based at Aspect Vern Barnett School, Forestville, NSW with sites across Sydney's northern suburbs
- Long established school with strong community connections
Aspect's School Network: Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) has grown to become Australia's largest national educational program for children on the autism spectrum, with 9 independent schools operating from 50 locations in NSW and South Australia catering to over 1,200 students, with more than 100 classes in hosted on the grounds of a less specialised school.
About the School: Aspect Vern Barnett School provides placement for over 130 children on the autism spectrum from ages 4 to 16 years from Forestville, as well as from 5 satellite classes within the Catholic and Department of Education schools in Sydney’s northern suburbs.
About the role: You will lead a skilled, professional team to achieve positive outcomes for children on the autism spectrum by working collaboratively with families, specialist staff in Aspect and other education service providers. Click here to view the Position Profile.
- Provide expert educational leadership for a multi-site school community
- Promote Aspect's vision, mission and values and uphold Aspect's family focused and person centred approaches
- Actively contribute to the professional growth and development of Aspect’s education services
- Lead and develop the team of Coordinators, Teachers and Teacher's Aides
- Support and implement Aspect's Strategic Plan and achieve KPIs
- Work with Aspect's Fundraising team and Parents and Friends group
- Oversee the delivery of quality teaching and learning programs and comply with relevant legislation
- Promote the school and needs of people with on the autism spectrum and liaise with government, other service providers and the wider community
Skills, experience and qualifications:
- Recognised tertiary teacher qualifications and registration with NESA
- Special Education, educational leadership and/or disability qualifications desirable at a Masters level
- Professional experience working with students on the autism spectrum or of intellectual disability
- Experience in successfully managing teams in the education sector including multi-disciplinary teams (special education services preferred)
- Proven ability to work with government and/or the corporate sector to secure funding
- Proven ability to financially manage a school
- Outstanding organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead organisational excellence and cultural improvement
- Adherence to the 5 principles of professional practice as set out in the Australian Professional Standards for Principals
- NSW Working With Children Check clearance for paid employment
- A current driver's licence, (a Light Rigid (LR) driver's licence is desirable) and use of own vehicle for business purposes
A National Police Check clearance is a requirement and Aspect will arrange this. You may be required to provide an International Police Check clearance.
What we offer: Remuneration packages for Aspect Principals are based on student numbers of the school. As a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI), Aspect employees receive tax-effective salary packaging opportunities including $15,899 each year tax free. This means you can increase the value of your take-home pay. Click here for a summary of some of the benefits you can access when working at Aspect.
To Apply: Please attach your cover letter and resume and complete the candidate questionnaire as part of Aspect's online recruitment process.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Enquiries should be directed to: Elizabeth Gadek, National Director, Aspect Education on 0425 291 469.
For more information visit: www.autismspectrum.org.au.