About this job
This temporary vacancy is open to Expressions of Interest and accordingly any appointment (and extension to this appointment) will not extend beyond 12 months.
Oxenford State Schoolis located near Movie World on the Gold Coast, providing an educational service for prep to year six students.
Our vision statement is ‘Knowledge Brings Growth’.
We believe that the most important people to enter the school grounds each day are the students. We take our responsibility for their learning seriously and we meet the challenges of teaching and learning for all students with strong collective knowledge, skills, wisdom and great enthusiasm.
Our vision is engaging productive learners and respectful participants in society.
As Head of Curriculum at Oxenford State School you will assist in leading the upkeep, review and implementation of curriculum frameworks, pedagogy, programs, assessment and reporting. You will be an integral part of the leadership team.
For further information about the school, please CLICK HERE to visit the school's website.
About the Role
As a school leader you play a vital role in shaping the way we deliver education services to ensure students have the skills, knowledge and creativity to succeed in the global economy.
Your application should specifically address each selection criterion listed below.
Within the context of the role described above, the ideal applicant will be someone who has:
- Capacity to lead and manage curriculum reform/development activities at a school or cluster level.
- Capacity for effective management to achieve agreed curriculum goals.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and manage interpersonal relationships and establish productive partnerships.
- Capacity for leading and managing change within the school environment.
- Capacity for being accountable for the outcomes based performance of the area of responsibility.
Your Application must include:
Please ensure that you apply online by using the 'Apply Online' button below.
- A current resume (maximum 3 pages) with contact details for 2 referees (one of whom is your current or most recent supervisor)
- A written response (maximum one page per key capability) outlining your suitability for the role under 'How You Will Be Assessed' in the attached role description.
Current full registration, or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. Information on registration requirements is available HERE.
- Applicants need to be a current Queensland Government employee to be eligible to apply.
- Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
- Employees Requiring Placement will be considered on merit.
URLHead of Curriculum (Generic), State Schools (P10-P12) or special education, SS Division, 09 171618, Stream 2.docx