About this job
As the Principal Advisor, you will coordinate the daily and operational business of the Office of the Deputy Director-General, Corporate Services, and manage a range of documentation including corporate governance reporting and executive correspondence.
You will be responsibile for delivering quality, timely and proactive correspondence and briefing note management in partnership with our stakeholders, and provide support and advice to support the achievement of Corporate Services strategic goals.
You will report to the Director, Corporate Services and have supervisory and leadership responsibilities for one direct report.
How you will be assessed
Within the context of the role described above, the ideal applicant will be someone who has the following key capabilities:
1. Shapes strategic thinking
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualise, research and analyse complex issues to provide high level policy and strategy advice to stakeholders and senior officers of the department.
2. Achieves results
- Knowledge of, or the ability to rapidly acquire knowledge of, departmental legislation, strategic agenda and key education issues, policies and initiatives at both state and national levels affecting the work area.
3. Exemplifies personal drive and integrity
- Demonstrated ability to and develop innovative, workable solutions to proactively improve systems, structures and practices to achieve outcomes even in difficult circumstances.
4. Communicates with influence
- Demonstrated highly developed written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including demonstrated ability to prepare briefings and submissions on complex issues
5. Cultivates productive working relationships
- Proven ability to liaise and negotiate with a diverse range of stakeholders on complex and sensitive issues, and successfully engage teams and build productive relationships to achieve outcomes.
To apply please provide the following information:
- a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under “How you will be assessed”.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.