About this job
The city of Hervey Bay is located on the Fraser Coast in Queensland and is approximately 300 kilometres north of Brisbane. Hervey Bay State High School remains a proud school with a current enrolment of approximately 1000 students from year 7 to year 12. In addition to core Literacy and Numeracy, all students explore subjects such as Science, History, Studies of Society and Environment, The Arts, Business, Technology and Health and Physical Education. Our school also boasts state of the art sports facilities and specialised classroom facilities. We offer excellence courses in English, Mathematics, Science, Sport and Music.
For further information about the school, please CLICK HERE to visit the school's website.
About the Role
Your application should specifically address each selection criterion listed below.
Within the context of the role described above, the ideal applicant will be someone who has:
- Demonstrated capacity to provide curriculum leadership leading to the achievement of quality learning outcomes for all students.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and the capacity to develop and sustain productive relationships within and beyond the school community.
- Capacity to use strategic thinking and analytical skills to contribute to educational outcomes at the school level.
- Capacity to manage effectively human, financial and physical resources to deliver high quality outcomes.
- Demonstrated support for and the capacity to develop and maintain an organisational culture based on ethical professional and personal behaviours and corporate values. (Do not write to Point 5 in your written application. Point 5 will be addressed through referee checks and elaborated on at interview)
Your Application must include:
Please ensure that you apply online by using the 'Apply Now' button below.
- A current resume (maximum 3 pages) with contact details for 2 referees (one of whom is your current or most recent supervisor)
- A maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role under 'How You Will Be Assessed' in the attached role description.
Current full registration, or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. Information on registration requirements is available HERE.