About this job
Classroom teaching and duties as directed by the School Principal. St Joseph's College is located in the rural community of Lochinvar. It currently offers a Catholic co-education to students in Years 7-10. St Joseph's was founded in 1883 by the Josephite sisters and is situated 10 minutes west of Maitland and 30 minutes from Newcastle via the Hunter Expressway. From 2018, St Joseph's will commence delivering the Stage 6 curriculum, initially with Year 11 followed by Year 12 in 2019.
- relevant understanding of and support for the philosophy of Catholic education
- willingness to learn about and engage with the Josephite charism and integrate this charism into all aspects of professional practice
- sound knowledge of the Stages 4-6 English syllabuses
- thorough understanding of assessment processes and the importance of productive feedback
- high level of proficiency as a classroom teacher
- capacity to engage a diverse range of students in learning so that they become successful independent learners
- sound understanding of pedagogy and the changing nature of learners
- proven capacity to use technology as a tool to enhance learning
- ability to adopt a range of strategies in order to provide high quality ongoing pastoral care of students
- the capacity to reflect critically upon professional practice and a commitment to ongoing professional learning
- commitment and capacity to actively contribute to a broad range of school activities
- capacity to work as a productive member of a team
- excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
- Current NESA and Working With Children number must be recorded on application as well as Date of Birth.
- Be appropriately qualified as a four year trained secondary teacher.
- Evidence of completion of Anaphylaxis training certificate must be supplied. (https://etraining.allergy.org.au/login/index.php)
- The teaching load for this position predominately involves teaching English, however the preferred applicant must have the capacity to deliver a language other than English at Stage 4 level.
Conditions of Employment:
Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2015.
Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
The covering letter attached to your curriculum vitae (full personal and contact details of referees) should address the criteria as outlined above. The preferred applicant will be required to complete the registration process for the Diocese. Applications to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be received up to 3.00pm on the closing date.