About this job
You will have responsibility for leading the following activities and undertaking the following key tasks:
- Ensure the efficient operation of day to day activities of the Office of the Deputy Director-General, including coordinating the daily flow of business and providing confidential administrative support to the Deputy Director-General, Corporate Services.
- Arrange appointments, meetings and conferences including venues, travel arrangements and accommodation, receive visitors and welcome delegations to the Office of the Deputy Director-General, Corporate Services.
- Maintain effective time management practices for the Deputy Director-General, Corporate Services including coordinating diary appointments, prioritising correspondence and screening telephone calls.
- Develop, implement and review executive support systems and procedures within the Office of the Deputy Director-General, Corporate Services ensuring that they operate in accordance with departmental systems and processes.
- Manage all corporate and administrative duties necessary for the efficient operation of the Office of the Deputy Director-General, Corporate Services, which includes implementing, monitoring and maintaining administrative, human resource and financial procedures and practices to ensure compliance with relevant Acts and Regulations and departmental policies.
- Prepare, review and edit departmental correspondence for consideration by the Deputy Director-General, Corporate Services.
- Provide direct support to the Deputy Director-General, Corporate Services for meetings and committees including the preparation of briefing material, minute taking and the distribution and follow up of action items.
- Liaise with staff across the Department, with other government agencies and external stakeholders on a variety of issues on behalf of the Deputy Director-General, Corporate Services.
- Undertake short term research tasks, projects and assignments in accordance with instructions issued and timelines stipulated by the Deputy Director-General, Corporate Services.
- Encourage an environment in which high quality services are delivered by continually seeking improvements in administrative systems and processes.
To apply please provide the following information:
- a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under “How you will be assessed”.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.