About this job
An exciting opportunity is available to join the State Schools Division’s Evidence Hub team within the Department of Education and Training.
We are seeking team players with expertise in analysing and using student achievement data to inform and measure school improvement efforts. In addition, high quality writing capability and dynamic presentation expertise is required for the role.
As a Principal Project Officer you will be involved in building capability across the state schools to use evidence for learning and improvement based on the department’s State Schools Strategy, the Evidence Framework and the School Improvement Model.
Role requirements of the Principal Project officer:
Support strategic direction by:
- providing high level and strategic advice to senior management and clients on communicating and sharing the evidence base of school Improvement and innovation
Achieve results by:
- leading and participating in project teams in regional and/or state-wide school improvement initiatives
- using expertise in analysing student achievement data to inform and communicate school improvement progress
Support productive working relationships by:
- supporting teams to prepare documents for the Evidence Hub
- developing and sharing feedback on evidence studies
Display personal drive and integrity by:
- demonstrating a commitment to further learning and professional growth
- using productive work practices enabled by digital technologies
Communicate with evidence by:
- writing high quality summaries of research and evidence studies
- delivering and facilitates engaging and informative presentations and workshops.
To apply please provide the following information:
- a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under “How you will be assessed”.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Employees Requiring Placement will be considered on merit.