About this job
As a Principal Project Officer (Early Phase of Schooling) you will:
- Provide high level specialist curriculum, strategy and policy advice to senior management and clients on achieving educational excellence in the early phase of learning.
- Lead and participate in project teams to undertake project planning, implementation and review that support quality outcomes in schools.
- Develop and undertake projects with a specific focus on the early phase of learning guided by Every student succeeding – State Schools Strategy 2017-2021.
The ideal applicant will have the following key attributes:
- Thorough knowledge of the Australian Curriculum and contemporary curriculum, assessment and pedagogical practices relating to the early phase of learning
- Capacity to engage with a wide range of stakeholders
- High level written and presentation communication skills
- Experience in working on complex projects to achieve required outcomes within set timeframes.
- Recent teaching and classroom experience is highly desirable.
To apply please provide the following information:
• a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
• a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under how you will be assessed in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Employees Requiring Placement will be considered on merit.