About this job
As a Principal Program Officer within the Approvals and Reviews Team you will be responsible for making recommendations to the delegated decision maker in respect of licensing applications associated with the operation of early childhood education and care services in Queensland.
You will have responsibility for the following activities and key tasks:
- Undertake robust assessment of applications in accordance with the early childhood education and care legislation, adhering to administrative decision making principles and making recommendations to the delegate.
- Research and assess policy initiatives and provide strategic advice to senior executives.
- Prepare policy or procedural frameworks about administration of early childhood education and care and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Coordinate and provide strategic advice to enable quality executive decision making, including preparation of briefs, reports and advices.
- Establish internal and external networks to develop and identify implications of initiatives.
- Provide direction and guidance to staff.
- Help foster a challenging, equitable, ethical and safe work environment for staff which encourages commitment, skills development and professional growth.
- Represent the Division in a variety of forums.
- Maintain current knowledge of policy initiatives and developments at state, national and international levels.
To apply please provide the following information:
• a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
• a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under how you will be assessed in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.