About this job
As Principal Education Officer, Student Services you will have responsibility for leading the following activities and undertaking the following key tasks:
- Develop, monitor and promote capacity building systems and programs to support inclusive schooling practices for students with diverse learning needs including, but not limited to, students with disabilities, learning difficulties, giftedness, socio economic disadvantage, cultural and linguistic diversity, or social emotional disorders.
- Provide strategic and operational advice to the Assistant Regional Director to develop strategic partnerships with school communities, clusters of schools, community organisations, and government agencies to ensure that all students achieve quality educational outcomes.
- Provide strategic advice to Regional Managers to assist in the planning of regional facilities and resources to facilitate the equitable delivery of services to students with diverse learning needs across the region.
- Provide leadership in research, development, maintenance and review of regional standards, procedures, programs and curriculum implementation for students with diverse learning needs.
- Contribute to planning and goal setting for the Region, providing high level and timely advice to the Assistant Regional Director on complex and diverse emerging issues and priorities to meet the diverse needs of school communities.
- Prepare complex reports, submissions, briefs, memoranda and correspondence relating to sensitive issues across the Region.
- Provide professional supervision and support of professional groups such as Heads of Special Education Services, and Advisory (Visiting) Teachers.
To apply please provide the following information:
- a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities 1, 2 & 3 under the 'How you will be assessed' section in the attached role description. Key capabilities 4 & 5 will be evident within the written pages.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Employees Requiring Placement will be considered on merit.