About this job
Managers shouldhave excellent communication skills and a strong technical background in order to lead the focus on continual improvement and excellent customer service.
Applicants will need to demonstrate a strong data/technical background, an ability to manage relationships with a range of stakeholders and work within tight timeframes.
You will have responsibility for leading the following activities and undertaking the following key tasks:
- Lead and manage analysis and interpretation of complex statistical and survey data relating to Queensland’s early childhood, education and/or vocational education and training (VET) sector performance as a basis for informing planning and resourcing strategies, policies and priorities.
- Lead and manage projects in line with the strategic direction and activities of the early childhood, education and/or VET sector as defined in priorities set by senior management.
- Identify and make recommendations to senior management on performance issues impacting on the early childhood, education and VET system as a result of operational, state or national policies.
- Prepare and review performance reports, discussion papers, briefing notes, Ministerial and executive management correspondence on a range of complex and sensitive issues.
- Contribute to the definition, development, implementation and appraisal of key performance measures.
- Represent the department at various committees and advisory councils with a view to promoting the department’s objectives and activities.
- Contribute to the development of a corporate culture, which is client focussed and values innovation and continuous improvement.
- Lead and manage a high performing team, including the associated financial and physical resources to achieve established goals and objectives within time and cost limitations.
- Continually evaluate the activities and work practices within the functional area of the position to ensure alignment with changing corporate goals and ensure optimal use of human and financial resources to achieve agreed goals.
- Participate in the development of a work environment that is challenging, equitable, ethical and safe and which encourages commitment, skills development and professional growth.
To apply please provide the following information:
• a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
• a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under how you will be assessed in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Employees Requiring Placement will be considered on merit.