About this job
This temporary vacancy is open to Expressions of Interest and accordingly any appointment (and extension to this appointment) will not extend beyond 12 months.
Moranbah State High School is a vibrant, innovative and inclusive learning community preparing students for "Tomorrow's Future Today". Our practices are based around our daily moral purpose to ensure that "every student, in every classroom, is learning, achieving and is valued". We expect our staff and student to consistently uphold our four core values of Respect, Responsibility, Resilience and Relationships and are working to ensure that our school community is built on professionalism, continuous improvement and accountability. We aim to provide every student with a quality education that will not only match their career aspirations, but prepare them for their future as a resilient and connected citizen.
For further information about the school, please CLICK HERE to visit the school's website.
About the Role
Your application should specifically address each selection criterion listed below.
Within the context of the role described above, the ideal applicant will be someone who has:
- Demonstrated capacity to provide curriculum leadership leading to the achievement of quality learning outcomes for all students.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and the capacity to develop and sustain productive relationships within and beyond the school community.
- Capacity to use strategic thinking and analytical skills to contribute to educational outcomes at the school level.
- Capacity to manage effectively human, financial and physical resources to deliver high quality outcomes.
- Demonstrated support for and the capacity to develop and maintain an organisational culture based on ethical professional and personal behaviours and corporate values. (Do not write to Point 5 in your written application. Point 5 will be addressed through referee checks and elaborated on at interview)
Your Application must include:
Please ensure that you apply online by using the 'Apply Now' button below.
- A current resume (maximum 3 pages) with contact details for 2 referees (one of whom is your current or most recent supervisor)
- A maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role under 'How You Will Be Assessed' in the attached role description.
Current full registration, or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. Information on registration requirements is available HERE.
- Applicants need to be a current Queensland Government employee to be eligible to apply.
- Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
- Employees Requiring Placement will be considered on merit.