About this job
As the Senior Policy Officer you will have responsibility for the following:
- Contribute to, lead and coordinate the preparation of corporate documents, briefings, reports, submissions and projects.
- Identify, analyse and progress strategic issues and formulate innovative and workable solutions and strategic advice to senior managers within the branch.
- Contribute to the development of a range of key activities for the branch which include planning and reporting frameworks, the development of corporate documents including the Strategic Plan, Annual Report and Service Delivery Statement; research and analysis of strategic issues for the department; strategic governance arrangements and evaluation reviews.
- Achieve a strong client service focus for all branch activities by establishing and maintaining collaborative partnerships with departmental business units and other stakeholders.
- Provide advice and develop briefings and reports for senior managers regarding the key functions of the branch.
- Represent the branch and coordinate the branch’s contribution to a range of internal and external forums.
- Provide executive support to key departmental committees.
To apply please provide the following information:
- a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role under the "How You Will Be Assessed" section in the attached Role Description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Employees Requiring Placement will be considered on merit.