About this job
As the Principal Program Officer you will:
- Ensure compliance across the department using the department’s approved project and program management methodologies, and maintain and improve the ICT portfolio, program and project management methods and tools.
- Provide expert project and program management process advice and support to ICT enabled program and project board members, managers and officers in the form of training, coaching, mentoring and assurance.
The Principal Program Officer reports to the Manager, ICT Program Management Officer (PMO), Digital Transformation, Information and Technologies Branch, Corporate Services Division.
As the Principal Program Officer you will have responsibility for the following:
- Ensure ICT enabled programs and projects are managed in accordance with the best practice guidelines and department's approved formal project management approach (Prince 2 and Managing Successful Programmes (MSP)) to ensure consistent and quality outcomes are achieved.
- Manage the review and assessment of projects and programs for compliance with the department’s project and program management approach, and ensure the provision of expert advice by recommending improvements to the Project Manager where necessary to ensure quality assurance requirements are met including monitoring and reporting on performance against plans and budgets.
- Ensure that all internal stakeholders are effectively inducted, advised, trained and mentored so that their contribution to programs and projects are maximised.
- Provide program and project management advice, typically on more than one topic, and guidance to project staff, ensuring that it is properly understood.Represent the business unit in departmental and other Government forums in order to influence outcomes across multiple strategic and tactical forums through the development and maintenance of a wide network of departmental and government relationships.
- Prepare submissions, reports, briefing material and correspondence for the department and governance committees, and establish and maintain close linkages with other departmental PMO networks including Enterprise Program Management Officer (EPMO) and Queensland Government Chief Information Officer (QGCIO).
- Provide expert advice and support to internal stakeholder in the form of training, coaching, mentoring and assurance on the use of the department’s approved project and program management methodologies.
- Enable informed decision making on project issues by developing timely and relevant written submissions, briefs, presentations and information papers for project stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders on all ICT PMO related matters, fully address client needs, enhancing the capabilities and effectiveness of client personnel, by ensuring that proposed solutions are properly understood and appropriately exploited.
- Actively contribute to a culture of innovation, continuous improvement and performance management within the ICT PMO team.
To apply please provide the following information:
• a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
• a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under how you will be assessed in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.