About this job
This temporary vacancy is open to Expressions of Interest and accordingly any appointment (and extension to this appointment) will not extend beyond 12 months.
At North Rockhampton State High School we aim to provide a balance of academic, sporting and cultural opportunities for our young people to support and enhance their talents and potentials. We aim to promote and inspire a passion for life-long learning.
Our educational priorities for all our young people are to improve attendance, attain 100% of Year 12's exiting with a QCE, QCIA and/or VET qualification, improve writing performance and participate in the Community of Practice for the teaching and learning of Mathematics.. We aim to see distance travelled forward, no matter where students start on the academic ladder.
For further information about the school, please CLICK HERE to visit the school's website.
About the Role
As a school leader you play a vital role in shaping the way we deliver education services to ensure students have the skills, knowledge and creativity to succeed in the global economy.
Your application should specifically address each selection criterion listed below.
Within the context of the role described above, the ideal applicant will be someone who has:
- Demonstrated teaching competence and capacity to provide curriculum leadership leading to the achievement of quality learning outcomes for all students.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and the capacity to develop and sustain productive relationships within and beyond the school community.
- Capacity to use analytical skills to contribute to educational outcomes at the school level.
- Capacity to manage effectively human, financial and physical resources to deliver high quality organisational outcomes.
- Demonstrated support for and the capacity to develop and maintain an organisational culture based on ethical professional and personal behaviours and corporate values.
Your Application must include:
Please ensure that you apply online by using the 'Apply Now' button below.
- A current resume (maximum 3 pages)
- Contact details for 2 referees (one of whom is your current or most recent supervisor)
- A 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to key capability 1 and 2 under 'How You Will Be Assessed' in the attached role description.
Current full registration, or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. Information on registration requirements is available HERE.
- Applicants need to be a current Queensland Government employee to be eligible to apply.
- Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
- Employees Requiring Placement will be considered on merit.