About this job
As part of the School Audit team, your key role is to lead and conduct various financial and operational audits across Queensland schools to improve the effectiveness of governance, risk management and control processes ensuring quality assurance over work performed.
The role is responsible for leading and/or conducting the following activities:
- Plan, supervise, lead and conduct school audits and reviews including financial, compliance, systems, operational, due diligence, probity, special investigations and project related audits
- Develop strategies to resolve problems and issues identified
- Recommending new technologies and techniques and encouraging school principals to adopt contemporary approaches
- Document work performed throughout the completion of audits and manage the preparation of written reports for the consideration of the Audit Manager, Schools
- Provide practical advice and guidance to school principals with respect to improving the effectiveness of governance, risk management and control processes over their operations
- Perform audits in accordance with the branch audit methodology
- Apply knowledge of the Financial Accountability Act 2009, Financial and Performance Management Standard 2009 and the Internal Audit Standards to the completion of internal audits
- May be required to conduct audits across other areas of the Internal Audit Branch.
To apply please provide the following information:
- a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under the 'How you will be assessed' section in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.