About this job
As the Principal Consultant you will have responsibility for the following:
- Undertake project planning, project management and project reporting activities related to the Integrated Performance Management project.
- Provide consultancy services to senior leaders, managers and staff that positively influence the human resource services, systems and work practices provided by the HR Business Partnering team.
- Undertake ongoing research and analysis of contemporary human resource practices to develop processes that incorporate innovative solutions to address complex organisational issues.
- Provide leadership and direction to team members to support the delivery of high quality human resource products and services.
- Monitor work practices to ensure compliance with legislation, directives, policies and standards to enhance service delivery and continually seek better ways to innovate and improve.
- Proactively build and maintain positive relationships, including consultation, negotiation and communication with internal and external clients, networks, stakeholders and service providers.
- Represent the department at a variety of forums on issues relating to contemporary human resource products and service delivery.
- Prepare and coordinate the development of correspondence, presentations, briefs, submissions, project plans and reports.
To apply please provide the following information:
- a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- a brief letter (2 page) telling us why you are interested in this role. This should not be a re-statement of your resume and does not require you to respond to each of the attribute areas it is your opportunity to tell us about yourself, highlighting your transferable skills and experience including what you’ll bring to the role and what you’ll get out of it.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.