About this job
THe Principal Education Officer, Regional Services and Information Management manages and conducts investigations and complaints; coordinates data collection, reviews and reports; provide advice and recommendations to Senior Officers in the region and schools on a wide range of legal, policy and procedural issues.
As the Principal Education Officer, Regional Services and Information Management you will have responsibility for the following:
- Provide authoritative advice and recommendations to the Senior Executives, Directors, Managers and Principals on a wide range of legal, policy and procedural issues.
- Advise and support the development and capability of regional staff and principals to ensure that schools and the regional office have quality systems for the management of complaints and investigations, internal communications, online presence and social media, general media enquiries, community engagement and interactions with government and non-government organisations.
- Manage and conduct investigations and complaints, internal communications, online presence and social media, general media enquiries, community engagement and interactions with government and non-government organisations for the Far North Queensland region.
- Prepare complex and substantial reports, submissions, briefs, memoranda and correspondence in relation to regional issues.
- Ensure the development and maintenance of performance frameworks and coordination of data collection processes.
- Manage regional executive and business services support teams as delegated.
- Develop and maintain a number of professional networks.
To apply please provide the following information:
- a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- a maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under how you will be assessed in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.