About this job
Abbotsleigh Junior School seeks to appoint a primary teacher with expertise, experiences and / or passion for librarian duties. Ideally this person will be able to make an immediate start in a temporary capacity from Monday 9 October or as soon as possible thereafter.
A passion for collaborating with teachers to ensure information literacy skills are grown and embedded for all girls from Transition to Year 6 is required. This role would well suit a primary classroom teacher with a clear commitment to growing girls' literacy skills and a love of engaging with literature. While teacher librarian qualifications are desirable, this role requires someone with passion, initiative, flexibility and drive to ensure the library is well maintained and a welcoming environment. A co-teacher librarian and a library technician are able to provide great support and guidance in this temporary role.
This role includes the following duties:
- Team teaching with classroom teachers to ensure the growth of information literacy skills.
- Lessons are either two half hour sessions with girls in Transition to Year 1 or a full hour session for girls in Years 2-6.
- Collaborating with classroom teachers to ensure the library program is an adjunct to the classroom program.
- Assisting with borrowing and returns as shared between the other Teacher Librarian and Technician. This includes from 8am in the morning, during lunchtime and until 4pm each afternoon.
- Maintaining the student, staff and parent resources to enable the library to function efficiently and effectively.
Applications to be directed immediately to Kate Grzanka - the Deputy Head of Junior School via email on: email@example.com with the following information included:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae (including the names and contact details of at least 2 referees)
- Academic Transcripts
- Working With Children Check Number