(02) 4922 5900
About this job
Passionate about people, about being positive and about what’s possible!
- Help our students be the best they can be
- World’s largest national provider of autism-specific educational services
- Multiple casual employment opportunities
- $56.86 per hour (inclusive of all loadings & allowances)+ superannuation
- Excellent tax-effective salary packaging benefits
- Recognised teaching qualifications are essential
- Located at Aspect Hunter School at Thornton, NSW
Aspect's School Network: Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) has grown to become Australia's largest national educational program for children on the autism spectrum, with 9 independent schools operating from 50 locations in NSW and South Australia catering to over 1,000 students, with more than 90 classes in specialised and mainstream settings. Aspect is looking for passionate, enthusiastic and flexible teachers to work as members of person-centered multi-disciplinary teams.
What you will do: Implement our evidence-informed autism-specific approach - the Aspect Comprehensive Approach for Education [ACAE]. Teach your students the skills to be the very best they can be. Allow them to positively engage with their communities.
Recognize that to help a student progress requires a team approach to develop and implement Individual Education Plans. You will be part of a special team of student, family, teacher’s aide and other professionals such as School Psychologists, Speech Pathologists and Occupational Therapists.
Small class sizes with a Teacher’s Aide for each class. Tailor the learning environments to the special needs of students on the autism spectrum.
About the School: Placement for over 120 children from pre-Kindergarten to year 6 across The Hunter & Port Macquarie regions. Operating from Thornton, with 6 satellite classes in both DEC and Catholic Schools including a high school class in Port Macquarie.
What we are looking for:
- Recognised University or Tertiary teaching qualifications (as determined by NESA)
- Registration with NESA
- Special Education qualification/s are preferred
- Experience working with students on the autism spectrum or other intellectual disability
- NSW Working With Children Check clearance for paid employment
- Depending on the school's location/requirements it may be essential to have a current driver's licence
- A Light Rigid (LR) driver's licence is desirable
What we offer: As a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI), Aspect employees receive tax-effective salary packaging opportunities including $15,899 each year tax free. This means you can increase the value of your take-home pay. Click here for a summary of some of the benefits you can access when working at Aspect.
To apply: Please include your resume & complete the candidate questionnaire as part of Aspect's online recruitment process. Cover letter is optional.
Please submit your application as soon as possible.
Enquiries should be directed to: Meghan Williams, Acting Principal, Hunter School on 02 4922 5900.
More information about Aspect: www.autismspectrum.org.au.
Aspect is a Public Benevolent Institution and EEO employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.