This 2 sessions course explores the value of a teaching inquiry process.
It will unpack what an active inquiry is, why we should engage in it and design an approach to a teaching and learning inquiry that will result in better outcomes for students.
Teachers will be asked to engage in their own inquiry to share with the group and inform collaborative dialogue at a following session.
“The “aha” moments in the teacher learning process are generated by a culture of collaborative inquiry.” - (Langdon, 2017)
- understand the elements of a cycle of inquiry.
- know what active inquiry looks like in the classroom setting.
- design an inquiry for an identified area of need in their school/classroom.
- reflect on their inquiry in action.
- make links to the practicing teacher criteria and collect examples of evidence that can be used towards gaining full registration as a teacher.
Tuesday, 20 March 2018, 9:00am - 3:00pm
Tuesday, 29 May 2018, 9:00am - 3:00pm
Members Fee $395
Non-Members Fee $430